Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another one of my quilt patterns and how it started!

It all started with these little kitty pitchers in my guest room - all were gifts!! I kept looking at them and you can see what happened next! 
A cross stitch design depicting my little pitchers.
Then came a needlepoint canvas! Then a quilt, then another quilt  - only this time I used the method of Broderie Perse for the flowers!
This is the quilt with the technique of Broderie Perse Flowers. That simply means that I found a large flower print, cut the flowers out and appliqued them on my quilt. This was a method used in the middle 1800's when printed chintz fabrics were used to applique on squares.
Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. What lovely pitchers!! It is really interesting to see how your designs evolved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are gorgeous designs and blue and yellow are wonderful together!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete